The identity of business and its various stakeholders has undergone not one or two, but several noteworthy transformations in the last decade due to the constant evolution of the Internet and web technologies. Gone are the days when companies were exclusively relying upon brick and mortar businesses. If you own a company, but don’t have a website, you’re missing out on the boundless potential of additional sales and marketing channel. Online mode of running business has reached such a height that was unimaginable a few years back. Innumerable websites are nowadays selling everything – ideas, information, leads, products and services. So, if you’re setting up a new online business or already have one, you should know how to make the most of it.
Like any form of business, on-line business feels the necessity of a well-planned advertising and promotional campaign to attract potential customers to your offerings. You can undertake a campaign in many different ways. However, no campaign will taste success without considerable attention to social networking websites that witness enough users to surpass the population of many countries. What is the specialty in them?
Online social networking websites are innovative web-based services that allow individuals to find friends and maintain relationships with them through the sharing and talking of common interests, views and beliefs. Though their number is increasing every year, the most prominent websites that can leave a lasting, positive impact in your online business include Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, LinkedIn, PhotoBucket, Digg, StumbleUpon, Orkut, Yahoo and blogging sites like wordpress.com and livejournal.com.
The recent findings of a survey of more than 1,500 executives establish that companies having a good presence on these networking sites become 25 percent more innovative than companies with a zero presence. Online networks can assist you in employing the right people, formulating the right strategy to promote your products or service, and targeting the right customer base. In addition, the telling impacts can be felt in business areas like research and development, operations, sales, marketing and customer service.
Online social networking sites can help you to:
- Monitor and understand the range and effect of your brand
- Know what your targeted customers desire and plan your actions accordingly
- Come up with creative business ideas by sharing them with like-minded community members
- Have good recommendations from users regarding your new product features
- Garner votes of user communities on new features so as to assist you in further development of products or services
- Promote and talk about your offerings through your own blogs
- Involve in a comprehensive online discussion with your customers
- Foster relationships between your company’s products and their users
- Launch cheap and effective viral marketing through videos on user-generated websites
- Recognize loyal customers who add other fellow members into your group or community
- Create company events to get maximum publicity
- Provide excellent customer support through support forums where customers can resolve their own problems by interacting with other customers online
So, enhance the visibility of your website on social networking websites and experience a rapid promotion of your products or services with a very little investment. Your business is sure to prosper from on-line networks.
No related posts.